Birding Adventure Field Trip suggestions
We do our best to design our field trips around your birding interests and personal comfort. Here are a few guidelines that will help us meet these objectives.
Birding into the Sunset Northern Idaho
- Always have a rain garment, extra pair of dry socks, bug repellent, water, a high energy snack and pain/insect bite relief medication.
- In Alaska, fragrances attract grizzle bears. For your safety and that of others, please avoid using any fragrances (perfume or cologne, scented deodorants, etc.).
- When a field trip requires multiple cars, Yellowbilled Tours will try to supply walkies-talkies for each car.
- Tell your driver if you need a restroom stop.
- Carry extra ziploc bags you may see a feather your like to return home with.
- Carry a few snacks or chewing gum to share
- Be prepared to share a great personal birding experience with the field trip members
- Your scope is welcome – my scope is share by other -this may cause a level of frustration for you – so your scope is welcome.
- Let the your field guide know if you have a hearing disability during registration period.
The recent 2014 field trip concluded with 235 species observed by 6 birders. Belize, once British Honduras, is a sparsely populated, English-speaking country. Known for its biodiversity, Belize is a birder’s paradise with over 600 species of birds to … Continue reading
Birding Wisconsin, with its many wet habitats, is a great experience during spring migration May 12th to May 16th., 2015. 2015 I will introduce a new different interesting daily driving routes using rural state highways to create more birding time. … Continue reading
Tailored to locate your target species. These field trips can take us throughout northern California, including Yosemite NP, Point Reyes NS, all birding hot spots in between including Tuolumne, Mono, Alpine, Plumas, Lassen, Shasta and Modoc counties. Other California locations … Continue reading
2015 Field trip: Arrive evening of May 25, Depart Morning of May 30. An optional extension to Barrow is available following this trip. May, 2015 Nome Field Trips are now open for registration. YBT – Nome Alaska 2013 Sighting list 147 … Continue reading
Field trip registration is open for Barrow 2015. Barrow is the most northerly village in the U.S.A. well above the Arctic Circle. You will be birding the high Arctic seeking species in breeding plumage such as the Common, Spectacled, … Continue reading
Birding Northern New Mexico August 17th to August 21, 2015 Small-group field trips limited to six birders each field trip. Plan to arrive Sunday August 16th, 2015 in Albuquerque and book your room with Best Western Rio Grande Old Town … Continue reading
We’ll visit the Port Washington – Harrington Beach on the shore of Lake Michigan to observe migrating raptors and other Canadian prairie species during their fall migration. We’ll bird the official raptor count location for the Western Great Lakes Bird & Bat … Continue reading